Registration & Immunizations
If you are new to the area or have a child who will be entering kindergarten in the fall, this page contains all the information you will need to register your child for this coming school year.
Proof of Residency Requirements
In accordance with Arizona Revised Statutes (ARS) 15-823(J), a school district may not include non-resident pupils in their student count and may not obtain state aid for those pupils. The residency of a student is determined by the residency of the parent or guardian with whom the student lives. ARS 15-802(B) requires school districts to obtain and maintain verifiable documentation of Arizona residency upon enrollment in an Arizona public school. The documentation must be provided each time a student enrolls in a school district in this state, and reaffirmed during the district's annual registration process via the district's annual registration form.
In support of this attestation, the school district will accept the following documentation, that displays my name and residential address or physical description of the property where the student resides:
- Real Estate Deed or Mortgage Documents
- Water, Gas, Electric, Telephone, or Cable Bill
- Residential Lease or Rental Agreement
- Other acceptable documentation as outlined within SLUSD Policy JFAA
- If you are unable to provide any of the foregoing documents you may provide an original affidavit signed and notarized by an Arizona Resident who attests that you have established residence in Arizona with the person signing the affidavit.
For more information, please read our update to proof of residency requirements.
To enroll your child in one of the Show Low USD schools, please register online. Then follow up with the registrar at the school in which your child will be attending by providing the necessary documentation:
- Birth certificate or other legal proof of place of birth
- Copy of immunization record
- Copy of unofficial transcript or report cards
- Withdrawal slips from former school (except in summer)
- Copy of custody documentation, if applicable
- Lab and class fees for supplies (6th–8th grade)
Please be aware that we cannot enroll a child without his or her current immunization records. Also, stepparents and other extended family members may not enroll students unless they are the legal guardian(s).
Arizona law ARS §15-872 requires that parents present the child’s complete, up-to-date immunization record prior to enrolling a child in school. The record should include the month, day, and year of the child’s immunizations. For more information about immunization requirements in Arizona Schools, please visit the Arizona Department of Health Services website.