Show Low School District is committed to employing exceptional individuals and helping them to become successful, satisfied, and accomplished. We value our employees and understand they are all an integral part in helping with the education of our students. Every position is important, and every employee has a vital role in helping our students to succeed.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Show Low School District. If you experience any problems applying, please email Venessa Beecroft.
Applicants and employees of Show Low Unified School District are protected based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran or military status, and disability according to federal and state law. During all phases of the selection process, people with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Human Resources at (928) 537.6001 ext.1002.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Show Low Unified School District. We require the following for all new employees within the district:
Identity Verified Fingerprint (IVP) Card (Certified) or Fingerprint Background Check (Classified)
All certified applicants must have an Identity Verified Fingerprint (IVP) card prior to beginning work within the district. You can now apply online for a new card or renewal card on the Fieldprint website.
All certified applicants must have a current teaching certificate on file with the Arizona Department of Education (ADE). Please visit the ADE website for up-to-date teacher certification forms and current processing times.
Thank you for your interest in substituting for the Show Low Unified School District. We would love to have you! For convenience and efficiency, we partner with Educational Services Inc. (ESI) for all our substitute needs. You will technically become an ESI employee while subbing for Show Low schools. An Identity Verified Fingerprint (IVP) card is required for all substitute positions. You may apply for a new card or renewal card on the Fieldprint® Fingerprinting website. Please read more about the electronic fingerprinting process here.
If you would like to become a certified teacher substitute, you will also need a current teaching/sub certificate from the Arizona Department of Education (ADE). Please visit the ADE website to download an application and view current processing times. Please note it may take up to 90 days when mailing the application in.
Once you have the required items in hand, please complete an application for a substitute position with Show Low USD. As a note, all food service, custodial, and teacher assistant positions are classified positions and do not require certification with ADE.
Once you have completed your application, please email Venessa Beecroft or call her at 928.537.6001 x 1002 to discuss your substitute preferences. She is also available should you have any questions or concerns.
Please contact your payroll/benefits specialist if you have any questions:
The Show Low USD strongly encourages employees to participate in direct deposit. Opting to receive your paycheck via direct deposit helps us keep costs down on printing, postage, and paper costs. Please be sure to provide an email address so that we can send you your direct deposit receipts.
As a result of A.R.S. 43.1089.01, the Arizona Department of Revenue has issued guidelines which allow an income tax credit for contributions to extracurricular programs in public schools in the following amounts: $200 filing single, $200 filing married separate, and $400 filing married jointly. If you would like to participate in the tax credit donation by payroll deduction, please submit the tax credit donation deduction form to the Payroll/Benefits Department at the district office.
All employees of the Show Low Unified School District, working a minimum of 30 hours per week in a permanent position, are eligible to participate in Show Low Employee Benefits as follows:
Certified employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following their official start date.
Classified employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following their official start date. They will, however, still be required to successfully complete their thirty (30) calendar days probationary period to retain their position and said benefits.
Beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, the Show Low Unified School District has opted to change our benefit administrator to Kairos Health Arizona, Inc. for our medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance plans.
- Kairos Medical Insurance - For eligible employees, all health insurance premiums are either paid for or contributed to by the district. The employee has the option to participate in the PPO Health Plan or one of several High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP). Any coverage elected for an employee's spouse, children, or family will be solely at the employee’s expense. All premiums due will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- PPO 750
- HDHP 1500
- HDHP 2500
- HDHP 5000
- Plan Providers Contact Information
- Plan Rates Grid - Health
- Plan Rates Grid - Dental and Vision
- Delta Dental Insurance - The employee has the option to elect dental coverage. Any coverage elected for an employee, their spouse, children, or family will be solely at the employee’s expense. All premiums due will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- VSP Vision Insurance - The employee has the option to elect vision coverage. Any coverage elected for an employee, their spouse, children, or family will be solely at the employee’s expense. All premiums due will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- Employee Assistance Program - Every benefit eligible employee will also have access to the Employee Assistance Program. This program offers telephone access to 24 hours a day confidential counseling services that can help with a variety of everyday life issues and challenges.
- BlueCare Anywhere - Introducing virtual physician visits! See a doctor at your convenience! With BlueCare Anywhere, you can sign in on a computer or mobile device and connect to a live virtual visit with a board-certified medical professional – any day, anytime, anywhere! The cost of a medical virtual visit is $49 per consultation.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - The flexible spending account allows employees to pay for certain premiums or qualified medical, dental, and childcare expenses with pre-tax dollars. All premiums due will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction. This option is available with the PPO Health Plan only.
- Health Equity - Health Savings Account (HSA) - If you are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), you are eligible to open and contribute to an HSA. The Health Savings Account allows employees to pay for qualified medical, dental, and vision expenses with pre-tax dollars. The district also contributes bi-annually to eligible employees' HSA accounts (tiered amount depending on which HDHP plan selected).
- Basic Life Insurance - For eligible employees who work a minimum of 30 hours per week and participate in district health insurance, the district pays for basic life insurance through MetLife. Currently, the life insurance policy is $50,000 base amount. Any increase in coverage or optional coverage elected for an employee's spouse, children, or family will be solely at the employee’s expense. All premiums due will be paid by the employee through payroll deduction.
- Tax Deferred Annuities - Employees have the opportunity to save for retirement by participating in a 403(b) plan. You can participate in this plan by making pre-tax contributions and (if permitted by your 403(b) plan) Roth 403(b) after tax contributions, as well as 457 plans. If you would like additional information, please contact one of the approved vendors. All contributions are paid by the employee through payroll deduction.
- Metlife Supplemental Insurance - Employees have the option to participate in MetLife Short Term Disability, Accident, Universal Life, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity policies. All policies are paid by the employee through payroll deduction. Please contact payroll at any time if you wish to cancel any policy for which you are enrolled.
- Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) - Any employee hired to work for a minimum of 20+ hours per week for more than 20 weeks is required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). For more retirement plan information, please refer to the Arizona State Retirement System website.
- Long Term Disability – Sedgwick CMS offers long-term disability through ASRS. Coverage begins after a six-month waiting period. Please contact the Arizona State Retirement System for detailed long term disability information or review the Sedgwick Employee Brochure Guide.
- Coming Soon!